Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Speculoos Cookie Butter Whole Wheat Pancakes


Speculoos Cookie Butter Whole Wheat Pancakes

My very gracious foodie penpal Gretchen from Real Life Motherhood of 4 sent me what can be honestly described as Cookie Crack in a jar otherwise known as Speculoos Cookie Butter.  My husband dug into her parcel before I even got home and immediately told me that within this innocuous little jar was a magical being called T-R-O-U-B-L-E!  To say that its delicious is definitely not sufficient.  In an attempt to not sit down with just a spoon and eat the whole jar I decided I was going to need recipes for it so the next morning, I got up and made Speculoos Cookie Butter Pancakes.  I topped mine with whipped cream, but in retrospect should have used fresh strawberries and whipped cream.


  • 1 cup all purpose whole wheat flour 
  • 2 packets of stevia (or 2 tsp of sugar) 
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 cup Speculoos Cookie Butter 
  • 1 1/4 cup milk (can use nonfat, almond, soy, etc) 
  • No-Stick Cooking Spray

Directions

  1. Stir together flour, stevia and baking powder in large bowl.
  2. Beat egg with cookie butter in small bowl until blended. Stir in milk. Add all at once to the dry ingredients, beating until blended.
  3. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with no-stick cooking spray. Pour 2 tablespoons batter for each pancake onto skillet. Cook until bubbles break the surface. Turn and brown the other side.
  4. Serve with syrup, fresh fruit, powdered sugar, whipped cream, or more cookie butter.  


For "crepes" add in another 1/4 cup of milk and make sure your griddle or skillet is HOT!  




No comments:

Post a Comment